CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Sweet Boy

My sweet boy went to heaven on July 27th, Sunday morning at 815A, He struggled through the night for breaths, it was soo very diffult to watch. He was not in pain.
His last few breaths were very peaceful, he waited till his big sis and his cousins said goodbye to him and within minutes he had passed. My heart tells me that is what he was waiting for, just one last goodbye to them. I told Paige he was going to heaven and that this was the day I had told her about. She gave me the tightest squeeze she has ever given me and walked out of the room and told her cousins that Landon was going to heaven today.
This has been the most horrible week of my life. I imagined it to be painful and horrible, but it is worse than I could have ever imagined.
The service was more than I could have ever wanted for my sweet boy. I found so much peace in the church, I could feel him there and I was sooo comforted by that. The burial was difficult, but I knew that my baby boy was in heaven and that this was just the physical aspect of him.
I can feel in my soul his freedom and his love for us, and that is what will carry me from this day on.
My sisters, I don't know that I could have done this without them. They keep me laughing. My mom, I would not be here with out her. My dad, comforts me with his eyes.
Laurie, I have never had a friend like you before and I could not imagine my life without you!!
Haley, Katie and Kelsie, you are simply amazing! God gave you to us as a special gift.
Shan, I felt a great comfort in your presence, thank you soo much for being there!
Holly and Michaelene, you guys are soo special to me and I know we will forever be friends and I take joy in the fact that you grew to love my Landon and Paige.
To all our friends and family you mean the world to us, you make our hearts whole!!

Here is a link to the montage that was played at his service.
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=5d3b601f49b78121c58e96&skin_id=601&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

4 comments:

Michaelene said...

Precious, precious boy - he is so beautiful. I saw the montage on his CB site and I've just watched it again - it makes me feel better to cry for you.
My prayers are with you all, still. You & Paige are ever close in my heart. Be kind and gentle to yourself as your feelings come - know that you are loved as is your family. God grant you peace and comfort in your days ahead.
Thank you for sharing your Landon with us, he has touched our lives in a way that makes me forever grateful to you.
Gentle hugs to you and Paige from me, Garbear & Bambi(she sends baby kisses, too!)

Shan said...

Tami, it felt so good to be there. I couldn't explain it, I just knew I needed to go, and once I was there it made sense. Your family and friends were wonderful, it really was one of the most beautiful days of my life in one way, and one of the most painful at the same time. We're thinking of you, Paige and Mike still. I'm so glad I have you for my friend! This is the most difficult thing but having you has made it more bearable!

Holly said...

OH Tami... you are a beautiful person and I am honored and forever greatful that you let me love your Landon and your Paige.
If you need anything you know where to find me. Always keeping you in my prayers and in my heart!!! Hugs!

Ragan said...

Tami, I have checked in on your blog every so often to see how Landon was doing. I can't even imagine what you are going through right now but I know that Landon is in Heaven and comfortable and happy and that God is holding him in his arms and giving him all of your love. I also believe that families can be together forever after this life. You and your family are definitely in my prayers.