CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 18, 2008

Massage


Landon's massage today went awesome. I could not beleive he could be soo relaxed. It brought me to tears watching him lay on the floor with such peaceful music and to see him soo comfortable. He really is an angel!!

3 hours after the massage he had a bowel movement. If anyone is ever having problems in the BM department, seriously!! It is just a small little massage around the belly button area and it works wonders!!

I cut back on his phoenebarb. Normal range is 14-40, I know what a huge range. His level was 49 a month or so ago and this was after we brought him home from the hospice care center, so we decreased it and he was so much more alert and content. Well this week they rechecked it and it is 43, they wanted to keep it since he was content, but I decreased it to see if that will make any difference whatso ever. He just seems to not be handling his last 4-5 days or so. He has been completely out if and vomiting after he gets it. So I don't know if your body starts to shut down if the meds just don't absorb right. He was starting to get really tight and tense while I was giving them and then all of a sudden he stopped and looked up over the ceiling. He cannot see. His eyes were the widest I have seen in a long time, I don't think it was a seizure just because he was grasping and moving his fingures. It was as if he was wathing something. He did grasp my fingure with the right hand. He has a weird muscle twitch in that arm and sometimes he just cannot use it at all. His breathing is very tight and has to be positioned just right to make it easier for him.
I want to thank you all, I could not ask for a better support team!! It means the world!! I will keep posting to let you know what is going on. I want to post a wonderful poem emailed to me, I love this poem. And the picture I just took outside from the driveway.

Footprints in the Sand
One night I had a dream -- I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord, andAcross the sky flashed scenes from my life.For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand;One belonged to me, and the other to the Lord.When the last scene of my life flashed before us,I looked back at the footprints in the sand.I noticed that many times along the path of my life,There was only one set of footprints.I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in my lifeThis really bothered me, and I questioned the Lord about it."Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,You would walk with me all the way;But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life,There is only one set of footprints.I don't understand why in times when Ineeded you the most, you should leave me.The Lord replied, "My precious, preciouschild. I love you, and I would never,never leave you during your times oftrial and suffering.When you saw only one set of footprints,It was then that I carried you."

2 comments:

Shan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shan said...

shan said...

Sounds like massage had the exact same effect on Landon as it did on Marie! The way you described Landon is exactly how Marie was, she sighed and just loosened up. It was soooo good to see. I'm so sorry Tami, my heart has just been breaking reading your posts. Sweet Landon. I just don't know what to say other than I know the time is coming for both our babies. I want to stand and scream, "no, not yet, not now!". Lord, I'm not ready. It's unfair and I'm angry and in the next second I'm grateful that we got them in our lives for the time we've been given. It is such a roller coaster. I read about Landon, and I'm holding a sleeping Marie who's been seizing tonight. She has started holding her breath during the bad ones... It was such easy going for a little while, in both our homes. Now, in a matter of days it seems the bottom falls out again. They change so quickly. Know that I am praying without ceasing, Landon and you, and Paige are in my mind and my spirit is screaming on your behalf. I know you love that baby, and I know how this is hurting. I may be a few hours away but I'm right there with you tonight:) And I'm rambling on...

I'm thinking of you and beautiful Paige, and though I've never held Landon I love him. Let me know if you need ANYTHING!