CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 18, 2008

Heavy heart

My heart hurts, it hurts for my son. He is so very week, I am scared. I have not seen him this week since December when we almost lost him. I have seen him in soo many different state and I have to say this may bet the worst. Maybe becasue it is happening right now and I cannot remember the exact state before. Things seem to happen soo quickly all the time. One day he has 5 BM's and is content and alert and the next he is vomiting and so week. He can barely move his arm, he cannot wrap his fingures around mine with his right hand. He does not move except for to squirm in this most uncomfortable way. I have no other choice but to watch this happen to him. I asked my mom (nurse) how his labs could possibly be soo good and him be soo horrible. Her reply was, it is not in his blood this time........ meaning it is his brain not knowing how to function correctly to even have his body work. I am soo glad I am home with him for the next 4 days. This has been coming now for a while but seems like I just found it. I don't know if this is the end of it for him or if he will possibly pop back again like he has in the past. But in the past there has always been something to treat. Now there is nothing. He is on seizure meds, his blood levels are good, he is not dehydrated or acidotic. Please, please pray for him. Pray that if this is his time to go that it is peaceful for him and us. We are having a massage therapist come out and I pray that this will be his "treatment" this time to keep him comfortable without doubling up on ativan and morphine.
You guys are great support and I cannot tell you how much you mean to me. Shan I will call you this weekend.
Tami

3 comments:

Michaelene said...

Tami, I can't even fathom what you are feeling and God forbid, what Landon is feeling. My heart is heavy with yours, and I am so sorry that you have to watch Landon endure such things. I am Praying, Praying, Praying, please update as you can.
I send much love, God be with you as you walk this journey with Landon. Please give Paige a big hug for being such a super sister to her precious little brother.

Holly said...

Tami,
My heart aches for you. I am so sad to hear this news. Know that I am praying tonight for you, Landon, and Paige. I am praying without ceasing- I am praying for God to hold you, to carry you when you can't feel him, to carry Landon, to carry Paige. I am so sorry to hear this news. I read something tonight that I want to share, it may comfort you, if not now, but sometime- 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Mommy pfohl said...

Tami- I am so sorry to read this post tonight! My heart just hurts with you! We have been in the hospital with Joey and I'm very sorry I have not been reading posts! I'm very much praying for you and sending many hugs your way! I pray that all of you can rest in the arms of God right now and know that He loves you! I know that your pain has got to be great and I'm so sorry! I can't imagine being where you are! We love you and your little guy! please e-mail me if I can do anything to help! pfohl4@hotmail.com I can even give you my phone number there if you need to talk. -mindy