CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mitochondrial Disease Awareness week

First I will explain a bit of what my post from yesterday was about. 2 people were talking about an adult child that was sick, and I heard Landon's story come up, which is completley fine, I want his story heard. Unforunatley the first sentence that came out included these words.....But he looked "normal"........Those words are not words I want, nor any mother for that matter, used in a sentence with my childs name. I included myself in the conversaton and started with He was Normal.....................Maybe the words, he looked healthy would ahve settled better........So anyways, I was stuck in a place where I had no one to talk to, so I came here and let it all out. I want Landon's name to come up, I want his story heard, I want to spread awareness for mitochondrial diseases, but I also want it told in a manner that any mother wants... So I am done with this and moving on.
So it is Mitochondrial Disease Awareness Week, and PAige and I lit a 3 wicked candle.....1 light for Landon, 1 light for Marie and 1 light for all the other kiddos and adults who are or who have battled this nasty disease........