CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Good weekend, Paige and I got out flu shots yesterday. I was going to try to not do the shot but just the nasal vaccince, but they said it does not protect against the symptoms as well as the actual shot. So I opted for the host, poor thing, she cried for just a bit and then I told her she really needed to be a big girl for all the other little kids in the waiting room. We did not want them to be scared to get there's. She stopped crying and we proceeded over to Toys R Us!! She got to pick out a toy since she was such a big girl!!! My shot did not hurt, but it is really soar today! She got her's in the leg and mine in my arm.
So she spent her first night at her dad's. Yeah that was different! I hav enot been alone for that long in over a year maybe 2 years. But i rented a movie and just hung out here. I can't beleive this but I didin't wake up till 830A. WOAH! Haven't done that in over 5 years!
I am ready for her to come home!!! I really missed her.
So I met with her preschool teacher and just went over some basic goals for Paige. She said her gross and fine motor are both great. SAid she was doing great in class, listening and playing with the other kids... BUT! she said she has been noticing, the things that Paige talks about, well not quite reality things. Everything is imaginary talk. My brother this and my sister that. I noticed it was getting to be all she talked about. Os I asked her why she was talking like that all the time. She said, I just want my brother landon back! Ok tear my heart out! Yesterday she wanted to face paint Landon's face, so I had to explain to her again that we cant because Landon died and he went to heaven. Oh this is sooo tough! So the teacher said she noticed it for a while now, but didn't feel like she needed to say anything to her until the other day. She said all the kids were sitting at the table and Paige was talking about her sister and one of the kids blurts out, Paige you don't have a sister. So she said she did not want Paige to get embarrassed so she just kind of told her nicely that she needed to talk about things that were true. I know imaginations run wild in kids her age, so I basically sat her down and told her she needed to try to talk to her friends about real things, like what she did this weekend or what she really has, I told her it was OK to talk about Landon to her friends. I wil lhave to talk to the counselor about it tomorrow and see if there is another, perhaps better way of approaching things. She seems to be having a tough time with that now. She cried the other night cause she misses him, so I had her pick out one of his teddy's to sleep with and it has now became her favorite! Pray that this gets better! My heart hurts! She starts gymnastics tomorrow! I will upload pics!
Tami

3 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

Gymnastics sounds fun! Bummer about the shots! I always love to read your entries! Hugs!!! -Mindy

Holly said...

Sweet Girl. I will pray a special prayer for her tonight. Breaks my heart I can't imagine being in your position, hopefully the counsellor will give you some good tips. I think she will enjoy gymnastics. I am taking Sophia and Troy to get their flu shots later this month... not looking forward t this!

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I mostly visits this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]You have really contiributed very good info here paigeandlandon.blogspot.com. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. In plain english I must warn you that, you are not serious about your health. Research presents that about 90% of all U.S. adults are either fat or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.