CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 10, 2008

Achievements! Sorry long and proud!

I am giving my self a big "You go Girl"!!!

Ok, Not to brag, but I am very proud of my latest achievements. First of all, the other day I noticed getting in and out of the 15 year old car, that the door was getting squeakier and squeakier, and I could no longer ignore it (very embarrassing). So I found the WD in the garage and sprayed it up and down, and it is the quietest door I have ever not heard.
Secondly, The last few days have been filled with flat tires. I left work at lunch time on Wednesday and back up, start to drive off and I hear a "MAAM". So I rolled down my window and he says "You have a flat tire". Luckily Safeway is in the same parking lot, so I drove over and fill my tire, guesstimating how much I am putting in by looks, kind of scared the tire might blow if I overfill. So I proceed to my lunch duties (Target). When I left work the tire was still aired up, so I thought well maybe it someone just let the air out! So I went to bed thinking, Ok, I have to get up a bit early just in case the tire is flat.....Go to bed, wake up, get in the car, back out of the driveway..........WHOA!! What is that awful noise and how come the car isn't going very fast!!! MY TIRE!!! Yep, I totally spaced it, the thought of the tire from the previous day didn't even cross my mind for a second. Anyways, I pull back in the drive way, go into the garage and pull this very large air compressor out and air the tire up, of course again guesstimating the amount I put in. This time I did have a gage, but one time I put it on and it said 15lbs and the next it said 10lbs. So I took the point, I had no clue what I was doing. So I got the "right" amount of air in the tire, took Paige to preschool (4 miles away) and came back to Pierce to have the guys at the tire shop fix it. Was about an hour and half hour late for work, but that's ok. So he came in said I was all set and I asked how much, he said it is on us today!!
HOW NICE!!! I leave for work, this time no lunch because I was late. About 4P i said to my co-worker just looking out the door, OMG I think my tire is flat, she looked and she said "no it is just the way the sun is hitting it". I say Oh yeah you are right. So leave to go home and sure enough it is half flat, so I air it up and come home, look at tires, and they fixed the wrong tire. I know, FREE? So I called them this morning, they apologized, I mean really they did it for free what could I say but no big deal. Took it back in and got it fixed this morning, FREE!!!
Third, I just blew out my sprinkler system for the winter!! Yep did it all by myself! I am very proud, (not very hard) except kind of hard to have a 4year old tell me weather or not all the water is blown out of the one in front cause I am holding the air to system in the back. But she did her best! So Hopefully I got all the water blown out and we will not have any broken pipes this winter!!!! I think that calls for a night on the couch and a little drinky poo in hand!
Have a great weekend!! And thanks for listening!
Ps- I have a mouse (possibly plural) in my garage. I do not do mice!! Really at all!! Not sure how to go about that! Maybe I could lock Sugar in the garage for a while :)

Tami

2 comments:

Holly said...

In all honesty.. I am so proud of you too! :) I agree, let Sugar hang out with the mouse

Shan said...

You crack me up!!! I am totally impressed with the sprinklers! As for the mice, we have them too... and I'm with you. I do not do mice. Could you put d-con down and lock Sugar out? I'm glad you guys are doing okay! Thinking of you always!