CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 15, 2008

Words of Wisdom....

People are amazing in different ways. Everyone seems to have such unique features that really pop. I am going to post at the bottom words of wisdom I got from Landon's CB in a guestbook entry. These words so many others that have been sent our way, really do help.


Paige is going full force again. She is soo funny.


We were driving in the car and she says mommly look at this. My normal reply is I can't look mommy is driving...... So the other day in the car she says, mommy I will watch the road you can turn around and look at this. She cracks me up. My neice had surgery and it all went great. She had to put cold gauze pads on her eye to help with swelling..... Well guess who had a soar eye too.... Paige. She sat around with Abby and put cold gauze on her eye. She did it when she got home too and this morning. She also hurt her toe and gauzed it. It has been rainging now for about 17 hours straight, rain in running down our dirt road. We just ran up to the post office and everything is a mess. We need the rain so I will deal, plus it is nice to sit inside and relax!!


We have been tuning into the Olympics at night and I have to say that Phelps is absolutely amazing. He had to have been a fish in previous life. And Volleyball, those girls are awesome. I just wish I could react that fast to things flying at me.


When we were at my sisters house, she has one of those dance mats......Have you ever tried that? It takes a ton of concentration! But it was a good workout! Also I have to say I got my sister good. We took the kids to the pool. My mom and sister just sat at the edge, did not get in like I did. We were ready to go and she went over to pull Paige out of the water and she was close to the edge, my mom says "Go push her in". So I walk over and told her she might need to get a little closer to get a good grip on Paige......She is soo trusting at times!!! She moved closer to the edge and gave a big push! It was hilarious! She didn't think so though. Now when I am with her I have to keep eyes peeled to her constantly. What do they say about paybacks again :)


Oh well, totally worth it!



BTW----I am debating on cutting Paige's bangs. They have taken soo long to grow, but she refuses to let me pull her hair back....How can she even see through it??

Tami and Family, I just read the update in the guestbood, and my heart is still hurting with you all. We all have a tendency to ask God 'why'. God tells us that He is Sovereign , He knows all things, is a God of such love that we cannot understand it, He has a purpose for everyone that belongs to Him, and that nothing happens to us or touches us that that isn't in His perfect plan and will. We don't understand why these things happen to us, but God does and did even before Landon was born. We suffer for a while while we're here on this earth but great is our reward in heaven. The Lord says that our rewards are waiting for us and they are so wonderful that that we can't even imagine. Before Landon came came into this world God had a purpose for him, and He tells us that when our purpose on earth is complete He takes us home. What happened to your family and precious baby Landon wasn't an accident. God is working in all of your lives to do something only He can do. Since I'm older now and have walked with the Lord for many years, and lived through much sorrow and sadness I can say all of this from my heart. I have watched God work through the most heart breaking circumstances. I am also experiencing this now. It's been a rough summer. Please be in God's word daily, have precious prayer time and spend time with Him alone.Know that when you go to Landons grave that there is nothing there but Landon's old earth suit that he stepped out of when he joined Jesus at home. Rejoice that God chose to use Landon in His perfect way. That he was truly SPECIAL. I know that your whole being is empty, your arms are empty, and in sometimes, if you are like me, just feel like you will throw up. I know you think you will never get over this and will die with sadness. Cry out loud to the Lord at these times and tell Him exactly how you feel. Tell Him your angry, you don't understand, why didn't He answer prayers the way we asked and do something. Then ask Him to pour out His mercy on you, bless you, heal your heart, guide your paths, and give you understanding. Then worship and praise Him for all of His love, goodness, grace and faithfulness. I can tell you I wanted to choke on having to accept all of this, but when I did I grew by leaps and bounds spiritually. I learned to walk with the Lord at all times, and put my full trust and faith in Him.Teri this doesn't happen over night, but it will happen gradually. I can now put situations in His hands, be at peace, and wait and watch him work. Be faithful to Him because He is ALWAYS faithful to us. Our only grandchild, Avery, was born with Prader Willi Syndrome,a genetic disease, and also mito, a muscel disease. She will be our only grandchild and we waited ten years for her. Our hearts were broken for all that was lost, but we know that that is God's perfect plan for all of our families. We praise and glorify God for her and look for God's eternal work in all of this. Teri, please don't think I'm preaching. God put these things on my heart to say to you. He tells us in his holy scripture for the older women to teach the younger women. I felt like sharing that what God has taught me might be helpful to you in your time of need. Know that I'm praying for you and I feel that the Lord will use you in a mighty way in the lives of others. I don't know you all but I love you all. Hang in there!

No comments: