CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 4, 2008

ER

Ok, I thought all this ER/Hospital crap was supposed to be done with.We took Paige to the Fair today, she had a cup of gatorade on the way there, and a big thing of popcorn when we got there. She rode 3 kiddy rides and the wanted tog o ton the Ferris Wheel with Mike. I was nervous, it is huge for a kid. She got off, I walked to greet her and was lethargic and could not move her mouth. I asked her if she was going to throw up and seriously her lips and mouth could not even work. She was very limp and very pale, She was looking at me with droopy eyes and her lips could not move. I freaked! Carried her all the way up to the building and left her with Mike as I ran a very long way to get the car and we took off for the ER. In the car she was barely responsive, breathing fine though. Very tired like. She was pretty much alseep but I could get her to squeeze my hand. We pulle dup at the ER and she threw up in the car and was very very sleepy. We took her in and they called the doc and said there was a 4 year old that had very good vitals but very lethargic. At this point she still was not talking to us, she tried to say something to us as we were getting out of the car, but could not understand but she could open her mouth again. We got her back into the room and she started crying and talking, but very very pale and weak. She threw up again, all over her and me. They tried to get IV and of course did not get it, they did get blood drawn though. They decided to try to get her to drink, so we gave her little bits at a time and she threw up again. So then they sent a "special" person up to get the IV and first try, they got it!
So got fluids on board and a hour nap and she is perfect again. A bit drained but back to her normal self, color is back everything. The word that came from the PA's mouth.........SEIZURE................
or motion sickness. Does this sound like a seizure? I saw Landon have focal seizures. Any input Holly or any one else is greatly appreciated. The checked for UTI, fine, she was dehydrated. So couldn't this be a case of dehydration and heat and mootion sickness and the fact that she shoved a big bag of popcorn in????
I am taking her in for follow up labs and back to a neurologist. She had 6 months ago an EEG, MRI and Catscan. She had something similar, not near this severe happen back then, this was all before Landon's diagnosis. She had a headache this morning when she woke, I gve her IB and off to bed for a 2 hours snooze she went. Woke feeling very good, Also this could be dehydration. Her cousins have been here for 2 weeks, they play nonstop and forget to drink and I have been slacking in that department (reminding her and giving her something to drink) as well.
I am going with the dehydration and not the seizure right now!!!!
Any input????

3 comments:

Shan said...

Tami- What a scare! I'm so glad Mike was with you guys though!

I've no clue what it could be, but I will say this. Josie is really bad about drinking enough water too and if I'm not constantly on her she gets really wilty and tired. She'll get cranky first though so I can tell when it's coming and I'll force water down her.

I had heat stroke once, I was judging a horse show and in my first trimester with Josie. I got too hot and I remember I tried to walk from the center of the arena and everything just started to tilt. I tried to call for help but my words wouldn't come out and I hit the ground and fainted. Could it maybe have just affected Paige more severely since she's so much littler? I have all Dr Miller's contact info if you're interested in getting Paige in to see a neuro down there.

Thinking of you! Man, what a crap day! I'm so sorry you had such a scare. I do the same thing and freak out with Josie though. I'm so terrified that little things she does are "signs"...

Holly maybe would be the person to ask. I think her Sophia has had several different kinds of seizures.

Thinking of you!
Love- Shan

Holly said...

I want to call you now, but I am unsure of the time change. I'll call you around noon my time.. I am sorry you have to deal with this!! Thinking of you! :)

Michaelene said...

Sweetheart! It sounds like motion sickness (middle ear stuff) and dehydration. I used to get sick like that when I was in a car, I still do if I'm sitting in the backseat or if I try to read or look down. I also get that way when I have a sinus infection, middle ear stuff makes you feel absolutely horrible and dizzy and just puny! She was probably severely dehydrated and then the salty popcorn and the ride ... bless her heart! I'm sure it's nothing major ... some doctors seem to like to watch the utter panic - it seems that way, anyway. Like you haven't been through enough. I'm putting all my faith that it's just middle ear stuff - equilibrium was off.

Garrett gets blinding headaches and throws up, when he's not hydrated. And, he sleeps and sleeps, I have to wake him to pour water down and then he usually throws it all up.

I'm thinking about you! What a fright - I'm so sorry. Give Paige a big hug from us.