CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Very Confused.........

First off The mammo results are fine, nothing to worry about! Thank you Lord for that!

I am really confused because I have very visible lumps/swelling in my armpits. When I originally went to the doctor a few months ago, he said the lump felt like a cyst and unless it grew it should be ok. So it grew from pea size to a quarter size. I can reach in and grab ahold of it. He also originally told me if it did not go away they would remove the "cyst" and biopsy it. So when I went in on Monday, that is what I was expecting. He felt the "cyst" and said, yes it has definitely changed...................but more conern was that I now have something in my left pit as well. They are both very visible to the human eye..................So before they did the mammo, they did an ultrasound of my "cysts" and were not even going to do a mammo........???? I told the sono lady after she sono'd my pits, that I was there for a mammo, not sono's of my pits! She said, oh we like to start here and if they feel they need the mammo they will do it. I said are you sure! Told her I have dealt alot with docs quite and alot of mistakes/misdiagnosis's have been made! Told her the doc told me if the mammo came back ok they would take out the "cyst" and send in for biopsy. She said you don't have a cyst in your armpit................WHAT! What the Hell is in my armpits. She said I should not have told you that, the doc will be right in. Well she leaves, comes back in and says they are going to do a mammo. Go do the mammo, which they told me would take 10 days to get the results. Well the lady did the mammo and said she is going to have the doc come back. OK! I am terrified of course. The doc came back and said everything looks great! Lymphs look good and no lumps in the breast. I say well that's great, but what the hell is growing in my pits! (ok well I did not say that to her but-- really, what the hell is it!) She told me to check up with my doc, but they probably would not want to see me for a month or two. Ok, now everyone I have talked to, my docs included tell me there is never a reason you should have lumps in your pits! SO I am very confused and have a call into my doctors office to see what they want to do from here! I know my pits were huge and lumpie when I was pregnant, but that went away. My sisters both have the same thing when they are PG. SO why can I grab this thing in my armpit and it is growing but it is not a cyst? UGGH! Well I am very pleased with the fact I do not have breast cancer! Will update more when I know anything, if there is anything to know. Why do doctors make me feel like I am 100% crazy! I am not this paranoid freaky lady :)

1 comment:

Michaelene said...

Oh honey - sounds so frustrating! But, on the brighter side - the Mamo was good as was the u/s. I'm sure everything is just fine, but I realize the wait and see game is really hard to play, too.
I'm thinking about you, praying for the best news - it will all be great!
Thought about you and Paige this morning with our late in the season (compared to you guys!) snow day ;o)