CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Zoo, Kansas, Work and Life

Wow, it has been a while. Things have just been crazy. We took Paige to Zoo a few weekends ago. She loved it, she could do without the drive of course but she had tons of fun. She was hooked at seeing the elephants, so she would not stop to lookat anything until she saw them. We watched them for probably 30 minutes. Then we walked around to see all the animals and took the train ride. She said Mommy, I didn't get sick!! Yippy for that-!! I am soo scared to put her on anything that moves! But she had tons of fun! She walked around for 5 hours! We were totally wiped! She fell asleep in the car before we even got up to the interstate.
So since she hates the car soo much I was a bit worried about the 6 hour haul on a very boring scenery drive to Kansas. We went with my mom and nephew who is also 4 (Paige cannot wait until she is 5 and he is still 4 for a whole month!) and they both did very well. She took a half hour snooze. We got there at like 9P and of course they were ready to party! When we are all together the kids sleep in the same room, not only because Paige would have it no other way, but also for lack of space. Each night we were there one of the 3 kids in the same room had a huge outburst, they were all so worn out at the end of the day they just had to release the days tensions I guess. So we left on Wed and my sister, her husband and Abby came ot Friday and My other sister, her husband and Lauryn (baptized girl) came on Friday as well. Saturday we went into ton and stopped at my Grandma's house! She must have known we were coming cause she had her bright pinkish/red lipstick on. She is soo cute!! Then we headed to a town about 15 miles outside of town to my brother-in-laws parents house and then to the church. The baptism went very well. Abby kept Lauryn very content through the whole thing. At the end I got some good pics of her that I will post a bit later. She is soo cute. I said you want me to take your picture, she says K, and then says Cheese. Very adorable! As the 5 days came to an end we had some pretty worn out, grumpy kids, well OK maybe just my drama queen. The ride back was ok, she fell asleep 1 minute before we had to stop to get gas/potty. So she was really not happy about that. Thank goodness for the scooby movie! Made it home great!
I am back to work, part time for right now. Started yesterday. I was a bit nervous, yet a bit excite. It is nice to get things back to normal, but it is not really normal. If that makes any sense. We will soon find a new "normal". Paige did great at pre school and staying there all day. I was bit worried as she has not had a full day in a while and this was her first without a nap. Prior to yesterday they took naps. They are now nap free in her class. So things went good and she was nice and tired for bed time, but maybe too tired because she did not sleep well last night. She kept waking up and then she got up at 5A and wanted to watch cartoons. I don't think so missy! So I turned on some calming music and she slept till 630A. So with the little sleep she got, I soo hope her day is going well! (I am at work....sneaky!)
Anyways things are going well, being on my own is good. I think I will sign off for now and I will upload pics when I get Paige to bed tonight. It might be a sprite/bacardi limon night!
Please say prayer for Matthew http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/mattheweakins

Tami
And of Course, My Sweet Angel..........

2 comments:

Michaelene said...

Wowza!! Sounds like a crazy, busy, fun, wear ya'out kinda week! Glad you guys are back home safe and sound and trying to find "normal" in the everyday. I think about you guys often. Love the pictures - Paige is a total Ham, I love it!

Holly said...

You have been sooo busy!! I love the pictures!! Thanks for taking time to write and fill us in