CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Miss Independence

Paige has become sooo independent lately.
*She shuts the door when using the restroom**She needs privacy
*She is getting dressed all by herself in her room**Again privacy (I think she does not want me to try and help her!)
*She must open and shut the car door by herself, if I even habitly go over to do it I get yelled at
*Before she sits in her seat, she has to buckle her "imaginery brother" in the seat next to her
(She used to have 2 imaginery brothers now just 1, has for a year now)
*She sits in her booster and buckles herself in..... Now all this to go anywhere, no fun when we have to make alot of stops in a short time! I have to learn patience!!

I know there is more I am forgetting but I think we get the picture!!

I am reading a book called A New Earth. I bought it a while back but did not get a chance to read much of it and it takes alot of brain power to read and comprehend it! At least for me it does! It explains the concious thinking and the unconcious thinking. Tells to live in the Now and not the past or future. It is very interesting. I have learned alot from this book, and hope to make myself more concious of my doings.
On another note. I am what I would call a freak, when it comes to Paige. I am very overprotective and maybe too overprotective. She is not very "graceful" on her feet when it comes to playing and running. She is soo much better than she used to be. I watch her play and see that she is very carefull, she pays alot of attention to what she is doing, she not just this kid that runs all over the place, falls and gets back up. Usually just when she gets to that point is when she falls and gets hurt. Which comes to why I am thinking of this. We have a new playgournd in town at the school. It is huge.... made for 5-12 year olds. Paige has been over there probably about 10 times and she is getting so comfortable with it and absolutely loves to go play there. I took her over yesterday afternoon and she played and then she was on this bar and dropped her weight down a little too fast, she bumped her head on the way down and landed really fast on her feet and lost her footing, flew forward. And of course knocked her head on a steel pole! No more doing that, that's for sure!!! She cried, I had to remind her to breath (if I don't she hold her breath and almost passes out, sometimes does pass out). I find when I "freak out" is when she really holds her breath. So I must stay calm and collective so she does...... I am working on that. Trying to let her go freely and not worry so much, like I do.... It's amazing what they pickup from us!

2 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

Miss Independence is just so cute! Thanks for sharing. Abby is that way! Oh and she gets so mad if you do what she wants you NOT to do! Ha! hugs to all of you! -Mindy

Holly said...

You are a great mommy with beautiful babies! I love little miss indepenant!! :) Our girls ;)