CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

"Things"

These are a few "things" that are going on around here.

Paige started ballet. I was afraid she was not going to go, it is at her preschool and in the past she has been there already because I was always at work. She loves to be at home and I really was suprised that I was able to get her to go without a fight or bribe. She of course, said it was going to be boring, but had lots of fun!

She has been using big words lateley. The other morning she told me I was exagerating with what I was saying. Then she said if she ate to many chocolate chips it would be a disaster. She tells me to hussle out of her room. Just funny words bigger words.

She really has been missing Landon lateley. You would think that at 4 she would not be soo aware of what is going on around her. I was reading her a Angelina Ballerina book and she has a smaller boy cousin, Henry, and Angelina wants to go the fair with her friends but she has to take Henry and she says in the book she does not like little boys... While reading it to Paige last night, she said, that is not nice, I miss my little boy brother. She is aware that people sometimes, even though not meant literally, take others for granted. She see's other kids with there siblings and misses that. I hate that alot! I hate that my little girl is the best big sister ever and that she cannot be that! She knows Landon watches her every move but physically she cannot have that brother sister stuff!

Ok, so I added a song "Love Remains the Same". I have heard this song every time I turn around. I mean everywhere, not only that but I turned on the Ellen show for the first time in months and he was on there signing this song. So I decided to take a good long listen to it. It really has alot of meaning to it to me. I have learned through everything to open myself up more. I can't really say that I was shut before, I have always enjoyed life and felt it, but nothing to the extent that I have learned to. Not only from the experience itslef but from the people I have met along the way. I talked to a lady from Hospice who lost her 30 year old daughter to cancer 3 years ago. She gave me a big hug and she said as much as this all sucks, amazing things will happen.
Sorry for the sideways pics. I do not know how to turn them...

2 comments:

Michaelene said...

I love it when little people use HUMONGOUS words (did I spell that right?!)! I can just imagine the "disaster" ... have you ever told her that chocolate is a laxative...LOL =)

I can not imagine and will not pretend to have the right words to comfort sweet Paige as she lives through this loss, or for that matter, you living through this loss. I have very strong shoulders and attentive ears, and I am always here should you need any of that stuff. Just know that you are in my thoughts and Prayers, daily. Please tell Paige that she really is the bestest big sister, EVER! I'm sure when the angels ask Landon what some of his favorite things are, he points to her ... and flashes a humongo grin!

Mommy pfohl said...

Too cute that she is using those big words! My Abby does that and it is absolutely a crack up! I am amazed that they know and use them correctly most times!

I was so hurt when I read how Paige is feeling! Tears flooded! HOw sweet! I am sorry that Paige is missing Landon so bad. I just hurt for all of you! I can't even begin to imagine what all of you go through day to day! I pray that you will all feel the comfort of Jesus holding you in the same way HE is holding Landon! night! -Mindy