CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 27, 2008

Gardening

I absolutely love to garden. Well I guess part of gardening. I like to dig the hole, plant the plant, prune and watch the flowers grow. I hate picking weeds and preparing the ground if it takes more than just the digging of the hole. When we moved into our house 6 years ago there was absolutely no trees (except 1), no plants, nothing but a ton of weeds pretty much. We now have about 9 trees, some of which have just started to grow, thanks to the neighbor for the 2 baby aspen's we have growing!! 1 of the trees was transplanted from my sisters yard in Kansas, 3 tree's we bought from Ace, 1 tree is transplanted from the window well, and the other tree we planted for landon's B-day. I have planted 4-5 bushes in back along the fence. I have transplanted 2 wild rose bushes from Kansas, which BTW are growing like weeds! They are awesome and 1 lilac bush also transplanted from Kansas. I have 4 other rose bushes and 2 climbing rose bushes. Lots of daylilies and irises and 2 climbing clematis (big pretty purple flowers). I have about 5 daisy type bushes growing. SO you can see I love to garden. I am sure in the years to come, I will have a ton more. Every spring I look forward to seeing everything bloom. Thanks to Paige's pool, which we empty once a week sometimes twice, they are getting lots to drink and are growing very well so far!!

No comments: