CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Beware

Paige was started on an allergy med last week because of swollen tonsils and sinus's. We were hoping maybe it will helpo with her headaches as well.
It made it worse! Since she started, she has had horrible headaches, crying in pain and stomach pains along with it, has been tired and very irritable. I left work early to pick her up at daycare yesterday because of another headache, so as she slept it off, I decided to pull up the side effects!
I was soo disgusted with what I found, i wish I would have looked before I gave the medicine. It is OTC and can have horrible side effects. Poor girl! I have stopped the med and hopefully that will help her headaches she has had this past week.
Lesson learned, before giving anything look it up.

3 comments:

Michaelene said...

Uh-oh! Garrett has horrible allergies - he ONLY takes Benadryl at nighttime (makes him sleepy tighty) and I do Pediasure cold/allergy during the day. The histamine blockers in the pediasure are super easy on little noses/heads/bellies. I really don't trust any of these other allergy meds unless it's a Rx. Paige might be having sinus headaches - I just got over one that was 3 days long. They will make you nauseated too b/c of the drainage from your passages directly into your stomach (blech, I know it's gross). You may want to have her checked for a sinus infection.

Holly said...

poor little Paige! ;) Keeping you all in our prayers like always.

Shan said...

Ugh! That just sucks! Marie and Josie both have been on pediatric Zyrtec off and on for about a month now and its working great (if you want to try an alternative). Apparently there is a prescription version but our pharmacy tech is a family friend and pulled me aside and told me it's exactly the same, only OTC is $9.99 while they charge a lot more for prescription of the same med. Nice huh? If you're interested in trying it Josie get's 1 tsp, she's 38 lbs and she actually likes the grape flavor!!! We haven't had any trouble with it, as for Claritin, well, that stuff makes me feel like crud.