CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 16, 2009

Paige has me very worried!

Saturday at the mall, Paige was playing with the kids in the pay area. After about 5-10 min she got extremely tired, so laid down while I got her shoes and sock on, then she started to act really strange, as wqe walked out stopped and layed herself over a toy and just layed there. I grabbed her hand and directed her out of the play area. I thought she was following me, I turned around and she was off going in a different direction, following the fenced in area as she drug her hand along the fence. I started to get nervous, she seemed not her self. So I then walked over to her and said Paige come on.
She turned to walk to me and stumbled, I grabbed her hand and she fell to the ground. She was able to catch her head from hitting the ground. I sat her up on my lap and she seemed as if she might pass out, wobbly and very dizzy. I asked her if she wanted a drink and she said mommy I can't. I was able to get her over to the sitting area and she laid down over my lap.
She said she was hot. She also said Mommy I don't even know where to go. She was obviously very dizzy, She said look I can't even touch the table and tried to touch the table.
Then she started to sweat. After laying for a few minutes I got her to sit and took a drink of orange juice and then she was immediately hungry. She had a few bites of pizza. I carried her through more of the mall, she was no longer dizzy. I sat her down and then had her stand up and she was able to walk to the car. She said about 10 minutes later. Mommy I feel much better. She played like crazy the rest of the day and the rest of the weekend. She had woken that morning with a cough, and the next morning with a really yukky cough/yucky nose.
But played fine and no other incidents since.
I talked to her teacher this morning and she said she is constantly complaining she is hungry and she eats a ton. 2-3 helpings at lunch and snack. She has grown soo much in the last few months. I have noticed in the last week or so she has been eating like crazy and also complaining a few times that her knees hurt. Well I figured it was a growth spurt. But must be more than that. She has also been extremely active, and by hat I man she does not sit down. I had to make her sit and watch cartoons periodically and that was a task! I know it was not a seizure. More likely a hypoglycemic episode. But why! So we go to the doc in the morning. I am very worried, Very nervous and very sick over what this might be.
Please pray!

2 comments:

Michaelene said...

Scary! Did her doc check for diabetes? Update when you can.

Shan said...

Ugh! Praying! I agree with Michaelene, I had a friend in college who acted the same way and then we found out she had late onset type 1 diabetes. Keep us posted!