CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What should I get ___________for X-mas, they have everything already......

How about giving the money that you would spend to a good cause instead of a store that already has millions.
This year, instead of buying a ton of stuff that most likely will be touched a few times and then thrown in a box until I find time to give it away, I am going to take that money and give it to someone who DOES need it. Now I admit I am totally broke! But I also know I will get Paige a few things for Christmas regardless of how broke I really am. But this year I will take half of what I plan to spend and give it away. Probably of course to mito research or maybe eli's angels. Maybe I should split it up and give to all of them. Here are a few places to throw a few dollars to.

www.umdf.org
www.elisangels.org
www.connorshouse.org

Just a few, that are mito realated in some way or another.
Also I wanted to share. I received an email from a mother in the UK, I am not sure how she got my email, online I presume, maybe Landon's CB. She emailed and shared that her 16 month old daughter was diagnosed with Leigh's disease 3 months prior and desperatley was looking for information. She said her daughter was very ill and she wanted information on "the end of life" per say. She was very careful knowing how knew and fresh I a in the whole grief and I was soo very happy that I could answer some of her questons and let her know that she was not alone. She emailed just about a week or less before Thanksgiving and we only exchanged about 3 emails. On Thanksgiving I recieved and email from her that her little girl had passed. Please keep her and her sweet angel in your prayers.

Tami

2 comments:

Holly said...

I will keep that family in my prayers. I am glad you were able to find comfort in helping another mother. You all are bonded. A sisterhood that only you all can relate to one another. I keep you in my prayers, especially during the holidays.
I think donating dollars to good causes is a great thing to do for Christmas, sometimes you can donate in your child's name and give them a certificate saying a donation was made in their name :)

Michaelene said...

Oh Sweet Jesus, it's heartbreaking to read your words. My Prayers are with that family as they endure this grief. Thank you for sharing - I figur the more Prayers that go out to families in need of comfort right now, the better.

And as for your idea - I think it's a wonderful, fantabulous idea! We have already told so many family & friends to make donations to a cause, in our name. I will add the connor's house to my list of worthy causes.

God Bless and keep your sweet heart. Hope you guys are well, staying WARM!!