CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Good ol family time

We had a great Christmas. Family made it into town, despite the weather. Extra long/slow drive, but made it safe. I was able to get into town on Christmas Eve and pick up Baloo to take him home to surprise Paige. She loves him. Has not had much time to get to know him yet, (she is in Estes with my family/I have to work------BLAH!) He is a very good/sweet dog. More like horse. He is soooo big!
Unfortunately we did not make it to the cemetery due to the blizzard and drifting snow blocking everything. Plans were to take a tree out there. I had mixed emotions on the whole thing. I was very sad and felt very guilty for not being able to go, yet it was sort of a releif in not having to be soo emtional about it. Last year I sobbed all the way into the cemetery. I thought this year might be easier, but I sobbed just thinking about it this year. Push forward, that is what we must do, wait to till the day we are reunited. Keep the memories alive and in our hearts.
Wishing everyone a Happy and Safe New Years. Pics coming soon, I hope.........I really do not know where the days/weeks are going.

1 comment:

Holly said...

So glad you guys had a happy holiday and love the new addition! ;) You amaze me! Looking forward to hearing what 2010 holds for you and yours.